We would love to help you get a library card!
The Sioux Center Public Library Board of Trustees subscribes to a full Open Access Policy. Any person upon presentation of proper identification, regardless of place of residence, is eligible for a library card. Residents of Sioux Center or Rural Sioux County have full access to the library’s physical and digital collection for free. Iowans who do not live in Sioux Center or rural Sioux County have free access to the library’s physical collection as part of the Open Access program. Out of state patrons who wish to use the library will be charged a yearly fee of $60.00 for physical items only. Library use privileges may be revoked for continued violation of rules and regulations.
What do I need to do?
- Bring a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, student ID, consular card, passport, etc.)
- Bring proof of address.
- If your photo ID has your current address, that is all you need.
- If your photo ID does NOT have your current address, bring one of the following
- a copy of your lease
- a piece of mail sent to your address
- a bill containing your name and address
- a check with your address
- something else with your address may be accepted
- If you don’t have anything with your address:
- We will mail you a postcard to verify your address.
- You will be limited to checking out 3 items at a time until you return that postcard as proof of your address.
- Minors under age 10 need to bring a parent/guardian with them to get a library card. The parent/guardian will be asked for photo ID and proof of address.
- Minors age 10 and older are eligible to get a library card without parental signature if they:
- Can fully & completely fill out the library card application form.
- Can verify their address.
- Come to the library (102 S Main) and fill out a short application.
- Sign your card and start using it!
Is there a cost to get a library card?
- Residents of Sioux Center or rural Sioux County
- There is no cost to get a library card. You have full access to both the physical and digital collection for free.
- Your property taxes make these services possible.
- Iowa residents who do not live in Sioux Center or rural Sioux County
- There is no cost to get a library card. As part of the Open Access program, you have free access to the physical collection only.
- Residents of other states (not Iowa)
- There is a $60 annual fee for out of state access for the physical collection only.
What if I lost my card?
- A replacement card costs $2.00.
- Bring a photo ID and proof of address (see above for requirements).
- A parent or guardian needs to be present for people under 10 years of age.
- Stop by the library (102 S Main) and we will get you a replacement card.
Can I put my library card on my smartphone?
Yes!! Never be caught without your library card again! We recommend using the Librista or Cloud Library app, but will accept others as well.
Librista – available for everyone
- Install the “Librista” app.
- Search for and select “Sioux Center Public Library.”
- Tap the menu and Log On.
- Enter your 8 digit library card number and password.
- Show your card on your phone to check out items or use a computer.
Cloud Library – for Sioux Center and rural Sioux County patrons
- Install the “Cloud Library” app.
- Select “United States” “Iowa” and “Sioux Center Public Library.”
- Enter your 8 digit library card number and PIN.
- Show your card on your phone to check out items or use a computer (or use the app to borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks).